Thursday, February 26, 2009

All is fair in Frienship and War...

Everyone has heard the saying "Imitation is the sincerest form of all flattery." I think that is bullshit. Yes, sometimes it is nice to have people appreciate the outfit you are wearing, or the music you listen to because it makes you unique to have your own taste and opinions on things. But when people start to mimic your outfits and song choices, it can be very disconcerting. I used to have this one friend, lets call her Joclyn, who couldn't conjure a single though of her own. Until now. This ex-"friend" of mine decided to engage in girl war with me after out falling out. Now, if you don't know much about girl war, let me explain. When boys fight it is straight forward, usually physical confrontations. But when girls fight, it is a downright art. Everything is underhanded and usually overdone. It has taken me years to perfect this art form. I have lost friends, boyfriends and even on occasion my dignity, but the knowledge I have gained is priceless. Some would call this immature and stupid, but those would be the people who never win. :) It is necessary to survive in the world today to know how to stand up for yourself. In any case, there are several rules when engaging in girl war, the first of which is not to include any authority figures. (ie teachers, parents and most importantly TH POLICE!) Well, some people must not have been informed of these unspoken rules of warfare because a certain ex-"friend" (Jocyln) paid the police a little visit after realizing there was compromising images and sensitive information of and about her on the internet. Now it is common knowledge that anything you post on facebook, compromising or not, is public record. This means that anyone can have access to pictures and information that you post or have posted on this website or any other. Meaning anyone can do anything with the things you post and it is not illegal. I digress. When I received my courtesy call from "Deputy Dan" I was pissed. Not only did going to the police violate girl code, it was a completely ridiculous accusation! As if I have the time or interest in creating a fake profile on a website and posting pictures that have already appeared on this person's facebook. Thank you but I have far better use of my time. Like spreading vicious rumors about how someone slept with half bar and cheated on her boyfriend. Oh wait, that was what was said about me.....

It's sad when friendships end. When someone you were very close to and you though you knew shows themselves for what they really are. But it is not very smart to cross people who know you too well and have done so much for you. What can I say? Some people are born with good social skills and graces and some are not. I will say this though, never have I ever cried wolf to the cops on one of my former friends, best or not.

All I can do now is move forward and try to avoid the drama as best I can. Although it seems to follow me :)

"You can try your hardest, you can do everything and say everything, but sometimes people just aren't worth trying over anymore...they aren't worth worrying about...it's important to know when to let go of someone who only brings you down."

Off to work now and then indoor soccer game later tonight...more tomorrow! ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment